Body wrapping has become a real hit in beauty parlors. What is most important, it can also be done at home. All you need is a body scrub, slimming lotion and a wrap to take care of your own skin firmness. Regardless of whether you decide to do this treatment at home or undergo it at a beauty salon, be sure to check out how it works.
What is body wrapping?
It is a treatment that uses firming and slimming preparations and a wide foil. After applying cosmetics to a cleansed part of the body, the beautician evenly wraps it with foil, so that under the influence of heat the nutrients penetrate deeper into the skin. Thanks to this treatment the skin is visibly smoothed
Contraindications to body wrapping
Although the procedure is quite minimally invasive, unfortunately it has its contraindications. If you have varicose veins, suffer from heart disease, have irritated skin in the treatment area, burst blood vessels or have recently undergone surgery, body wrapping is not recommended for you. It will be very important to consult with your doctor before performing it
What are the advantages of body wrapping?
Body wrapping is a frequently used treatment to support firming and weight loss treatments. It is an extremely simple, yet non-invasive way to get rid of cellulite. It also makes the skin more nourished. After a series of at least 10 body wrapping treatments you will definitely notice:
- reduction in the appearance of cellulite,
- firming of the skin,
- better nourishment of the skin and improved elasticity,
- improved blood supply to the skin,
- smaller circuits, even by 5 cm,
- lifted buttocks and slimmer legs.
>> See also: Spring nails – TOP 5 inspirations
This treatment used at least once a week allows you to enjoy a smoother and firmer skin. It is especially recommended for those women who suffer from water cellulite, have a problem with weight loss in the lower parts of the body, are postpartum, and their skin requires firming. Thanks to it you will feel a significant difference in the circumferences – they will become smaller, and you will also get rid of excess water from the body. Performing body wrapping on the buttocks and thighs you can firm them significantly, and wrapping the body in foil, you also model the figure and carry out lymphodrainage. It facilitates the drainage of lymph to the lymph nodes. After the procedure legs are much lighter and less swollen.
Is it worth performing body wrapping?
Seeing many positive effects of this procedure on the skin, we can clearly state that it is worth attention. First of all, it quickly smooths and firms the skin. It also helps to get rid of cellulite, therefore it is a support of such therapies as electrostimulation or lymphodrainage. Both of these treatments in many slimming salons are performed simultaneously, to increase the effect.
In a beauty salon, a beautician or masseuse performs it in strictly defined steps to give the best results.
- At the beginning, a peeling is performed combined with a massage, which is aimed at peeling off the top layer of the epidermis. This allows the active ingredients from the slimming serum to penetrate deep into the skin.
- After washing off the peeling, a slimming serum or balm is applied to the cleansed skin. It has in itself, for example, caffeine stimulating blood vessels, pineapple extract acting anti-cellulite or ginger that helps burn fat and nourishes the skin.
- The body is wrapped in foil to apply light pressure. In addition, the foil with the preparation underneath reaches to the line of buttocks and hips. The person performing body wrapping also tries to lift the buttocks a little while wrapping, so that the treatment has a modeling effect.
- For 40 minutes both the foil and the preparation applied underneath remain on the skin. During this time the treatment area can be subjected to lymphatic massage – through a special device that is filled with air, or electrostimulation. Most often, however, body wrapping is a separate slimming treatment.
- After 40 minutes, the wrap is removed, and the remains of the preparation should be washed off you with cool water, without soap.
After the treatment, you can use a gentle moisturizer or massage any leftover product that has not absorbed into the skin. It is best to carry out body wrapping once a week or twice a week for strongly visible cellulite.